Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

I am God's child

So what does that mean?

He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. John 1:1-13

I like to pick this stuff apart... I'm seeing this: Not everyone will recognize or desire God and His ways. If someone does, they are like family to Him.

We're a new spiritual being, adopted into the King's family. By accepting Him... we gain the rights to the inheritance He has for us. And so much more.

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. John 14:18

So, what's it like to be an orphan? The Bible calls them defenseless. They were pitied along with the widows. They had no one to protect them, and no inheritance to look forward to.

Oh, sure there are orphanages... a few even have loving caregivers in them. Even with the most loving of caregivers, each and every child sitting in an orphanage only wishes for their own parents to love them, and protect them. It's awful to feel like you don't belong to any particular people.

So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir. Galatians 4:7

How great it feels to belong! From slave to the world... to daughter (or son) of the King of Kings. How good to know I always have someone to turn to. Someone always has my back! And the Kingdom is my inheritance.

This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:3-4

And how great is our God that He has room in His heart for all of us! It's not as thought He built His house with a capacity limit.

He wants ALL men (and women) to be saved! God creates every person, every life... no one else but him CAN. He created all with the intention that they would know Him. And it saddens Him when He is rejected.

It also saddens Him when WE reject the lost ones He is after.

I know that before I knew Him, I felt like I didn't belong anywhere. God pulled on my heart from a young age and I fought Him every step of the way. I was certain I would find acceptance somewhere other than in His arms. As a matter of fact, His arms looked like prison bars to me at one point in time.

Oh, but now... to know the truth! How wonderful! The God of this universe put hundreds of generations of planning into me, the one and only. How amazing to know that He offers His Kingdom to me.

I am His child. I belong to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment