Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

What are you worried about?

Has the thought ever crossed your mind that this world is going downhill fast? I know I have thought that life would have been better 100 years ago. It would have been safer, more peaceful, and less stressful. Well... they said that in Biblical times too... and Jesus told us not to worry about it.

When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains. Mark 13:7-8

Don't worry about it?! Why not?!

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Luke 12:25

So... what do we do? We jump on the WWJD bandwagon! Seriously. God knew this world would fall apart morally... He sees this happening. He even stepped down, hung out with us for a while, and made a way so that we don't have to get flushed with the rest of the world.

I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.
As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. John 12:46-48


And we are called to do the very same thing. Step down. Die. Be resurrected. And save the world.

Even little old me.

Once I was a believer, I had to step down from my self-given throne. Before I was a believer, I was the most important person in my life.

Then I had to die. My old self... buried.

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24

And now I am a new creation!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17

And now... I am on a mission to save the world. Sound crazy? It is! In a good way... how awesome that the God of the universe, Creator of every living thing, King of Kings, Lord of Lords... would trust me to gather His sheep!

Remember when you were a kid and you used your bed sheets for a cape? Pretended you could fly and rescue people from the jaws of death? You were invincible!

Now, we get to do it for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment