Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

When I'm tired...

Even youths grow tired and weary,

and young men stumble and fall;

but those who hope in the Lord

will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;

they will run and not grow weary,

they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:30-31


On a day like today... when I am exhausted... this comforts me.

I do hope in the Lord! How great to know that my strength will be restored!

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. Isaiah 40:28

I can pull strength from the Lord, from Christ who LIVES in me! God will not grow weary and I can press on.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

I think, a lot of times, maybe mothers in particular, forget that we are doing GOOD. Raising our children for Christ is furthering God's Kingdom. That is good! And we will reap a wonderful harvest... some days it's just not as easy as others, to remember this.

In praying, I have ended up feeling like this fatigue I have right now is an opportunity to sit back and relax. I should be re-evaluating, pondering, praying, enjoying, digging into the Word, and resting. There's nothing wrong with slowing down for a little while.

After all... I'm supposed to be working on God's time!

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 1 Peter 5:6

Praise You Jesus! I look forward to being lifted up! Praise you Jesus, whether I am "up" or "down" I am held firmly in God's hand!

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” John 10:27-30

No comments:

Post a Comment