Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

But my head hurts....


I have laundry to do... but my head hurts. Dishes are waiting, floors need to be mopped, kids are fighting, and I have a to-do list a mile long... but I have a headache.

Could I do that stuff anyway? Yes. But I can't seem to get motivated while my head is throbbing.

And I have to tell you, that if someone were to point out that I'm not injured enough to get out of the housework to me right now, I probably wouldn't take it very well. My head ache has put me in a foul mood. As a matter of fact, I struggle with my moods often and I try to justify my bad behavior with my circumstances. I make excuses why it should be ok for me to be miserable with people.

Do you do that? Can you behave just fine most of the time... until your circumstances are less than perfect? When things are difficult for you, do you take it out on the world around you? I do it more often thatn I'd like to admit.

What am I representing to the world when I let my circumstances get the best of me? Well, I am supposed to be representing Jesus. Day and night, good or bad... as a Christian... I am called to represent Christ to the world.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16

So, even when I don't feel good... I am called to glorify God. Ouch. I've really dropped the ball here. It doesn't say to let my light shine if I feel up to it...

The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks. Luke 6:45

At our weakest, when things aren't going as well as we'd like, our true colors show through. We can cover it up all we want but if it's in your heart, eventually it will come out of your mouth.

Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord. Perhaps he will forgive you for having such a thought in your heart. Acts 8:22

Pray for a changed heart! There's a whole world out there FULL of lost people who have no idea what Jesus looks like. What if I don't look like Him when they need Him the most? If I cave to my circumstances I may miss an opportunity to be used by Jesus!

He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. Luke 10:2

I hate to say so... but it's not like everyone else is clamboring over the unloved, untouched, unreached people out there. Not even our brothers and sisters in Christ are flocking to them.

So if you don't reach out... who will?

1 comment:

  1. So true, I have to admit though, I do very little with a headache, it is so hard for me!

    ReplyDelete