Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

A summary of the things you might find in my blog

I thought maybe it would be helpful to share the things I am fascinated with... then you all might have a better idea of what you might read in here.

1. Jesus! I love picking apart the Bible, the more truth the better. I like to get into the "deep" stuff or the "touchy" stuff, I am still learning so much. I wonder when I'll stop feeling like a new Christian?!

2. Being a mom. I never used to enjoy it. For a long time I was even resentful... but God has changed my heart toward them and I'll take as many as I can get!! I am still learning here too... I'd like to say I know what I'm doing all the time, but often I just go with my best guess! My children are such neat creatures and I love watching them learn and grow.

3. Homeschooling. I have some strong convictions on this... Homeschooling has been such a neat experience. I am finally getting comfortable with it!

4. Breastfeeding. I'm still a lactation consultant and I miss the moms I used to work with... I believe if people only knew what they were missing out on they might be more open to it. And breastfeeding has been a God-thing for me too... in lots of cool ways.

5. Normalizing pregnancy and birth. Being pregnant isn't a disease. Giving birth shouldn't be medicalized. (<---That word looks funny to me, lol.) So I'm a "natural" birth and home birth junkie!

6. I believe in faith healing. God still heals! I also love the idea that God made our bodies and this world in such an awesome way that we can often (but not always exclusively) rely on natural things for healing. We try to eat our best around here...

7. Being a wife. A struggling area for me! I feel like maybe that should be higher up on the list, but I'm not listing in order of importance.

8. Pro-life! I am SUPER-pro-life. I know God is too.

9. Other. Ha ha! I know other stuff will come up... but those are the things near and dear to my heart, or at least the ones that came to mind right away.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Question for you, if you are primarily breast feeding, when do you introduce solids? I am trying to do thing differently with our youngest, he is 6 1/2 months and still only breast feeds, so when?

    ReplyDelete